Brockwell Park Community Partners (BPCP) have been in touch with Councillors and others across the local community with an update on the plans for the renovation of Brockwell Hall. These plans are being finalised for submission to the National Lottery in November and Lambeth Council has identified the funding needed to match a successful bid. If everything is approved it is hoped that the project will begin next year.
The project is described by BPCP as follows:
- This new design will allow better access to the Hall
- The cafe will be moved to a new position in the Hall to create comfortable seating space, including the Picture Room, with views of the park
- The small rooms where the cafe is now will offer flexible space for hire, for exhibitions and for sitting
- An access ramp and lift will bring the Hall into compliance with legislation on access for those with disabilities
- The Stableyard will house a purpose-built event space which will generate income to support the Hall/Park